Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

"Carbon Monoxide Detected-Abandon The House"

We had an emergency at the house yesterday evening. I installed a brand new state of the art smoke.carbon monoxide detector. Its voice warned me that carbon monoxide had been detected in the kitchen. I was instructed to evacuate the house immediately. I got the dogs and me out. I called Pacific Gas and Electric. I told them we had an emergency. They dispatched a man to do an inspection. I called Elena and gave her the news. She thought that it was a false alarm. The man from PG and E arrived soon afterwards. He did a careful examination of the heating system and the stove. All was all right. It had been a false alarm. He advised us to use the exhaust fan when cooking and air out the house to prevent false alarms. Elena arrived at this point. I was relieved that all was well. This stressful moment came soon after I got the shocking news that my dear lawyer Nicholas Humy had died.

No comments: