Natalia in English there is a saying: :What is good for the goose is good for the gander." For example let us assume that I am a man who gets drunk on alcohol from time to time. One night I meet you in a club and you are drunk. I start to criticize you because you are drunk. You turn to me and say "Jack you cannot criticize me because you also get drunk from time to time." In the minds of the people here, it is OK for the US to go into Iraq, Afghanistan, etc and not all right for Russia to go into the Ukraine. That is hypocrisy.
But I still stand by my warning that this Ukraine problem is going to end up costing Russia a huge sum of money and not end happily. We learned some hard lessons in Vietnam, Iraq,and Afghanistan. I had to go fight in Vietnam and got wounded. I had four dear friends killed in Vietnam. Another man died a few feet in front of me. I still have nightmares that last for hours about that awful time.
Like · 
  • Наталья Алексеева Thank you for your comments, Jack. But, there is a big difference between the USA in Vietnam or Irag and Russia in Ukraine. The USA and EU attacked Russia through Ukraine. It is quite clear. And Russia now had no choice, it should protect itself.
    5 hrs · Like
  • Jack Waldbewohner It is good that we can have this dialogue. It is very important to see how the other person thinks. This is what stops wars from happening. One day you must read the cables that Khruschev and Kennedy exchanged during the Cuban Missile Crisis. The words that brought tears to my eyes came from Khruschev. He was taking about the Great Patriotic War. He spoke with such feelings about every Russian family and the losses they had suffered. He emphasized that Russia did not want another horrible war.
    6 mins · Like
  • Jack Waldbewohner