Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2021

"A Most Unusual Day!!"

 

     1948 is my year of birth. That year a movie came out -"A Date With Judy." The theme song was "It's A Most Unusual Day!" This song describes my day yesterday. I got plenty of rest. I had a wonderful swim with some friends. Elena and I went to a charming restaurant in Half Moon Bay named Mezza Luna. The sun shone brightly. There was not a cloud in the sky. Elena and I had a marvelous time at the restaurant with great food and great wine. We took home a pepperoni pizza for the evening. I went to Table Wine Company for a wine tasting of French wines. One of our readers, Andy Lie, and his wife Paige were there. I ran into another dear old friend whom I had not seen in a while-Aaron Hattangadi. When I returned home Elena was at high energy and hard at work. She took all the panels for the shed out of the boxes. She hauled them up to the backyard.

    I once penned a poem about a small Mexican town named, believe it or not, Tequila. It ended with these words:

     "If I had to die now, at least I would die very happy."

      We all need days like this!

No comments: