Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sheriff Ed Tom Bell

I am sitting here early on the morning of January 1,2008. I slept through the transition from 2007 to 2008. When I got up all I said to Elena was the following:

"At least I made it to 2008."

What profound pearl of wisdom do I have to share with you after 59 years on this earth?

I have several as follows:

1) Love is the most important thing in life.

2) Luck plays a much larger part in your life than you realize or wish to admit.

3) You should never regret what you did do; you should only regret what you did not do.

4) If you go out with the goal of having a very large number of sex partners, you will run one hell of a risk of catching all sorts of awful diseases. If you survive the process, you will find out at the end that 95% are about the same, 2.5% are awful and 2.5% are incredible. Unfortunately those 2.5% who are incredible are generally dumb or have awful personalities.

The most important thought I wish to share with you comes from my watching the great film No Country For Old Men. At the end of the film, Sheriff Ed Tom Bell (Tommie Lee Jones) is retired and enjoying life in a humble but satisfying way. The super and seemingly invincible villain Anton Chigurh (Javier Bardem) was badly injured at the end of the movie and in danger of being captured.

MY FRIENDS THE MOST IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL OF YOU IN THE FILM IS THAT THE REAL WINNER IN LIFE IS THE PERSON WHO IS STILL ALIVE AND HAS LOVE IN HIS OR HER LIFE AT THE END OF EACH DAY!

MAY 2008 BE A WONDERFUL YEAR FOR ALL OF YOU!!!!!

No comments: