Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

My Wife Got Me As A Birthday Present

have a rare coincidence....my wife and I started our life together as husband and wife on 24 January, 2001. As luck would have it, it is my wife's birthday!! I always tell her that she got me for her birthday that year. I also tell her I am sure there has been a few times when she wanted to give back the present!!

By tradition, my wife's birthday becomes very important here. We always fill the house with balloons. A lot of attention is given to a special gift for her. This year I found the perfect gift. My wife originally came from Argentina. She is now a US citizen. She has fallen in love with the the American Civil War in general. Her hero of that time is General Ulysses S. Grant. By incredible luck I was able to find an 1885 first edition of General Grant's autobiography. She will receive this gift on Thursday. I will also take her to her favorite restaurant- Aqui.

Ladies I hope that your husbands or domestic partners remember your birthday and anniversary!!!

No comments: