Pages

Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Christmas Eve Miracle

My dear readers God or someone gave us an incredible miracle on Christmas Eve. Elena and I had a big problem with some rats in our ceiling. We tried to dive them out with humane means but they did not get the message. They finally started eating our food and causing all sorts of vile odors. I knew that some stronger action was necessary.

I deployed rat poison in the form of pellets that would taste good to the animals and later kill them. I calculated that the animals would eat the poison and go back into the attic where it would take affect and kill them. My calculations were correct at the beginning. After a few days we heard no more rats and smelled a bad odor like bodies decaying.

Yesterday Elena went out to have lunch and buy a new rug for the living room. When we got back to the house it was a lot of disorganization as we started to install our new rug. Elena asked me to accompany her. We went to our storage room. We have a sink in there. Elena pointed out that we had a rat dying in the sink. It was sad to see an animal dying even if it were a pest. There was blood coming out of the animal's nose and it was breathing heavily as it died.

Then the shock hit me. Had the rat fallen to the floor and not into the sink, one of our dogs would have eaten him and also be dying of poison. It shook me up for the rest of the day and the evening.

I went to Christmas Eve services and thanked God for our good fortune!

No comments: