Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

My Aunt Beverly Saw Her House Destroyed


I got some sad news on Facebook yesterday. My Aunt Beverly told us that the home where she and Uncle Donnell had lived for decades near Dallas had been destroyed in the recent tornadoes that hit the Dallas area.

Thank God they both survived with no physical injuries. But they lost their home of decades. Think of all of the memories that were destroyed and lost forever. I can imagine their deep sadness and mental trauma.

Last year my sister, who lives in Bastrop,Texas, also lost her home. It was destroyed by a fire that swept the area. She lost 100 years of family memories.

It is sad that these houses were destroyed when homes nearby were spared. It was such a ccruel and arbitrary process.

We should all be thankful for what we have every day because we could easily and quickly lose it all with little or no warning.

No comments: