Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

San Jose Lawyer Robs Clients Of Over $260,000!

In 2010 I hired a lawyer named Daniel Halpern to represent me in a bankruptcy matter concerning a rental unit that I owned in San Jose. Things never worked right. He was a nice man and a good friend. But my case was a complex business bankruptcy matter that his fir was not qualified to handled. I had to replace him with a great lawyer named Kathy Moran. Yesterday I was reading the morning newspaper. I got the shock news that Daniel Halpern had been sentenced to 4 years and 4 months in the California State Prison for stealing $860,000 from a divorce client. I also got the shock news that he was collecting court fees from clients, getting fee waivers and pocketing the money. I felt sad for his victims. I felt sad for him. According to the newspaper he had a substance abuse problem. I will bet most of the missing money went to drug dealers.

No comments: