Pages

Friday, December 27, 2013

My Wonderful Christmas Gift

I got back in the pool today after a long absence due to flu. After my 1.5 hour swim I ran into a dear friend who is very lucky to still be with us. He was having some pain in his neck and shoulders. He went to see his cardiologists. Her first diagnosis was a problem that could be treated by nitroglycerine tablets. My friend took the tablets and felt better. Fortunately this cardiologist is a super thorough doctor like my wife Elena. She was suspicious that the problem was worse. She called him back in for an ultra sound. Sure enough one artery was totally blocked. My friend was right on the verge of a heart attack. The cardiologist sent him to ICU. The following morning some stints were put in the clogged artery and it was cleaned out. I told him that his survival was my wonderful Christmas gift.

No comments: