Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

A Question To Elena About The Oscar Pistorius Murder Case

Yesterday out of the blue, I posed a hypothetical question to Elena:

"Suppose I'm enraged with you. I slam your head against the bead board so hard that it makes you bleed and leaves blood stains on the head board. (I'm not a violent person and would never do that in real life.) Would you take shelter in the bathroom or run outside the house to seek help?"

Elena responded: "If you were not blocking the exit to the bedroom, I would run to the street and seek help. If you were blocking the exit to the bedroom, I would run to the bathroom and seek shelter."

After Elena responded I told her that I was considering aspects of the Oscar Pistorius murder case. I told her that it made me think that he was guilty of an awful crime.

Elena said that she would want to look carefully at the plans for his house.

If you put me on a jury, the state is going to have to do a really great job of convincing me to vote guilty. I have seen too many innocent people go to jail. The judge and her two associates in the Pistorius case are going to have a hard deliberation. I do not envy them.

No comments: