Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Film "I Never Sang For My Father"

A happy Father's Day to all of you wonderful fathers out there. My sister and I were blessed to have a wonderful father. Last night I was watching Turner Classic Movies. They had a 1969 Gene Hackman film; I Never Sang For My Father. I was too busy leading the life of the struggling student to see the film. What I missed all of those years ago was a real treasure. Melvyn Douglas played the aging father and Gene Hackman played the son. Gene is an incredible actor!!!!! I loved the movie. It showed how important the relationship is between a father and his children. It also showed the great challenges we as children face as our parents get older. My father died at a relatively young 60 due to smoking. My mother went on to age 87 and died in her home. Elena had to put her father in a nursing home. He was a wonderful man who died at age 83. This film is one that I recommend for every father!!!!!

No comments: