Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

I'm Rich You're Hot...The Mathematics of Sugar Daddy Dating

In 1998-1999 I was a male client of a very elite dating agency. I shall mention no names. The high-income ladies paid $5,000 each to meet eligible men. There was such a shortage of over-40 males that my $5,000 fee was waived. I met one wonderful lady who was vice-president of a prestigous investment bank. We hit it off and it looked great except she earned $250,000 per year and I earned less than 20% of that income. The income disparity was "a deal killer."
The owner also owned another company that specialized in setting up very affluent older men with women in their 20's looking for "sugar daddies" to care for them. Obviously I was too poor to qualify for this company. But my imagination ran wild thinking about what happened there.
I opened up San Francisco magazine's latest issue. Lo and behold they had a great article: "I'm Rich You're Hot The Cold Mathematics of Sugar Daddy Dating." It's a great work of journalism and quite enlightening.
Obviously poorer younger women seek to interact with much older and affluent men. The men are looking for beautiful and exciting much younger women. It matters little to them that they have to pay for this companionship.
The women profiled in the article range from upscale sex workers to con women and really broke younger women desperately seeking financial help. According to the article sex did not happen as often that one would imagine.
Now all of my fantasies of long ago have met the hard realities of what really happens.
San Francisco magazine you scored a home run with this article!

No comments: