Pages

Monday, December 25, 2017

Christmas Kindness 34 Years Ago

Christmas Kindness 34 Years Ago
I was living in the small town of Albany, West Australia. It was right on the Indian Ocean. It was beautiful and charming. It was a hard time for me. My marriage had broken up and my ex-wife had returned to the USA. I could not leave Australia due to a legal dispute. I was alone and very far from home at Christmas. A couple named Len and Eve Lees were my only real friends in town. They were an older couple. Len had been captured by the Germans in Italy in World War II. He spent a couple of years in a German POW camp..Eve had stood by his side and waited.
I was renting a room and in bad financial shape. Len and Eve came to see me. They brought me a nice plate of Christmas food. They also brought me a gift. In the British world it would be called "a tin of biscuits." Translated to American English it means a nice metal box full of tasty Christmas cookies. They spent a lot of time with me. They made me feel better. I was touched then and am still touched now.
Sometimes a small act of kindness can make a big difference in someone's life!!!!

No comments: