Pages

Friday, April 29, 2022

Someone On Facebook Posted A Simple And Thought-Provoking Question

      Someone on Facebook posted a simple and most thought-provoking question as follows:

         "If you awakened one morning and found that it was 1965, what would you do?"

    I assumed that I would awaken in the house that I grew up in at 5715 Belarbor Avenue in Houston. I assumed that I would be 16 years of age and a sophomore at Jesse H. Jones High School. I responded quickly as follows:

         "I would walk down the hall to my father's room. I would tell him how much I love him."

          During the day I gave a lot more thought to this question. How nice it would be to arrive all those years ago with my youth and good health. I would understand all the mistakes that I had made and know how to change them going forward.

         Then one of my most beloved movies from 1986 came to mind-"When Peggy Sue Got Married." Here is the link:

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091738/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

    Peggy Sue was given the power to go back in time and change the past. The end of the movie is sweet and touching. She decides to change nothing.

       This is a fun mental exercise. You can substitute any year that you want.

 

No comments: