Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A Wonderful Day

My dear mother passed away on 26 December,1999. Had she lived, she would have been 96 today.

I started the day with the good news that I had got my tax refund from the State of California.

I also got news from Zimbabwe with respect to my investments there. I made the investment after the first election when it appeared that Mugabe would be put out of office. At one point the Zimbabwe share market froze up and it appeared I had lost all. I wrote the investment off. I got the news this morning that I had recovered 35% of the investment. The future looks good there!

It only got better. I got further good news that a large gold deal my company has been working on in Colombia got board approval in Zurich and we ship the first gold this week. I was relieved. I have invested one year of my life in this deal.

No comments: