Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Former Telewave Excutive Tells All

Dear Mentor: You look at people like Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Ray and Hugo Chavez. They keep going despite the fact they do everything wrong. I feel sorry for Alan Collins. with kindest regards, -JackW - Hide quoted text - On 10/11/07, Bill Seethaler <> wrote: - Hide quoted text - You're write, Jack, now that I read it again , it's powerful.....but more importan to me, every thing is the absolute truth with no spin. I could write a "not to" book based on Telewave that would make the 800 pages of the War & Peace publication seen like a preface to my book. A few grammar corrections I'd make here and there, but the kid still got it...even at 5:00 am. His shit comment about my sales performance, which I'm sure he tells or has told everybody, couldn't go unanswered. I really only care what a few people think....and you're one of them. You worked there so you know the Ray.... but it's much, much worse behind the scene. Today, I gave you just a peek at it. Regards, Bill At 10:51 AM 10/11/2007, you wrote: Wow Bill! That was powerful!!! -JackW On 10/11/07, Bill Seethaler <> wrote: It was the liquor talking, Jack, because he's full of crap on both issues. Let's bury both of these for good....and I promise never to discuss them again. Never saved him from going under with my accounting services. Did my job and saved the company an enormous amount of $ but spread over 25 years....but others would have done the same. He proceeded to consistently piss it away with client buddies who didn't pay him...or with other buddies who provided inferior products and services which severely compromised Telewave orders, deliveries, future sales opportunities....along with his buying "turkey buildings", etc. Plus, you witnessed his nickle and dime restrictions on hiring good employees and not building a real international company, thereby ensuring the worst ROI I ever saw in all my years around this globe. Over time, I became ashamed to represent the crap we sold to people. It should have been so much better. Before your time, at least I got rid of his Polaroid picture ads and posters with good graphics and then I, nobody else, wrote the new price book over several months and produced something we could read and be proud of. Jim Coryelle said "so many people tried and failed to do that for years.....do you have any idea what you've accomplished, Bill". He wanted to nominate me for a Nobel prize! That would have been nice. My education and experience was held against me by Ray and his enablers. Not educated themselves, they were jealous and unsuccessfully try to elevate who they are by putting down those few of us who graduated college. A real healthy work environment, wouldn't you say, condoned by the alcoholic in the end office. To do my sales and marketing job, I had to fight daily to keep my staff and protect them from Ray....and also deal with Ray's lousy way of handling client problems his policies caused. You fellows will never know what I tolerated...but I took my responsibilities seriously. You saw how the sales staff was treated after I left, and salaries were only part of it. I constantly tried to give you and Tom opportunities, and Carlos also. After a while, fighting constantly on two war fronts with no hope of progress, I decided to check out. I'm convinced Ray heard about my imminent resignation through industry contacts and was unmanly enough to give me a special New Years greeting. By then, he had those jerk consultants telling him he was a great guy with a terrific company and they were going to make him a fortune. They were just more Todd Everts - phonies! Remember him? Ray fired Todd through Sam and Maureen when he and I were in South Africa. Never forget how he told me on the morning bus ride to the trade show. Tried every which way to not tell me I was right about Todd as he acted like Macho Man hiding behind Sam and Maureen. How he hid behind again Maureen when laying me off and then both high tailed it out of the company afraid of my reaction was humorous. What did they think, I was going on a shooting spree. Neither is worth the cost of a bullet. Me, and no one else, was primarily responsible for getting the million $ State of Nevada order. Every day for almost a year that A-hole told me you'll never get with it Motorola in the picture but I finessed them in concert with Mel Pennington and we made huge profits on my pricing. In the last 2 weeks before the order was awarded, Kubicki and Fall and I worked nights and weekends to produce the best proposal in the history of Telewave and it paid off. Clients and reps and distributors around the USA and overseas liked and respected me and told me so, a threat to Ray he didn't like. Remember, I ran Autotune production along with all other company duties and battles that in one year generated $ 2.8 million in Nextel sales, and put Telewave over the $10 million/year mark for the 1st time...with a 17% profit before depreciation, another company record. I didn't get a thank you let alone an extra $5 dollars in my paycheck for Nevada or Autotune. There are countless other major projects and ongoing contracts I could cite. God, I sure did a real lousy job. Toward the end, Ray finally realized his constant ration of daily shit never worked with me. More and more I did things he disagreed with because they were the right personnel and business decisions. I refused to fire Maureen and Will when he instructed me to do so because we needed each - never told anybody before, let alone them. For some strange reason he didn't like that. I've worked hard to have an incredible career and life around the world and have always been a top performer, or thee top performer, in engineering....marketing and sales......manufacturing and production....operations management....and overseas operations. They were for the most part with leading companies in industry who gave me support and encouragement and free rein to make the right decisions, regardless of cost. Any warped disappointment Ray has with me is the result of what he sees in the mirror every morning or at the bottom of his glass. It's payback time for Ray and Maureen....and I'm sure the Gods won't disappoint us. These are 2 miserable and very unhappy people with their lives....and they've earned it. Boy, I'd love to post this on all the Telewave bulletin boards for everybody to see. But, it would be a waste of time. As we used to say when I worked in Cleveland, it would have as much improvement as one person not pissing in polluted Lake Erie. Over and out, Bill

1 comment:

AF5U said...

Sorry to hear how life is in corporate Telewave. However, it is the same in all antenna/filter manufacturers. If you thought you had a friend with Representatives or distributors - think again. If you want a friend - get a dog.