Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

HBO Documentary-Hard Times/Lost In Long Island

Yesterday I took one hour to watch the HBO documentary Hard Times/Lost In Long Island. This show looked at four families that were affected by the high unemployment. I three of the families both the husband and the wife had lost their jobs. Three of the families had partners over 50 years of age. One man had survived the 9-11 attack in 2001. All of the people had good educations and skills. Yet they suffered from long periods of unemployment. It was so sad ot see them struggle every day to get a new job. It was hard to watch them all fight foreclosure and massive medical bills. It made me thankful for what I have. It is hard ot realize that these 8 people were just a small fraction of the millions of people who are unemployed now. I will not blame any political party. I will not say that any political party has the answers. I will say that we are suffering Great Depression II. This will only end when the people wit the money to invest finally feel positive about the future and start hiring. To all of you young people with a job save your money and pay your debts. If you get caught without a job after age 50, you have big problems!!!

No comments: