Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Nothing Is Ever As Easy As It First Seems

There is an old saying that sort of goes like this: "Nothing is as easy as it looks at first. Projects will always take longer, be harder, and cost more money that you first imagined." This describes perfectly Elena's office move from San Francisco to Daly City. One week ago I had to take a whole day to collect all of her things, load them into our SUV and drive them out to Daly City. I was exhausted when we got everything into her new office. Sadly her Persian rug got a stain on it. We had to take it home. I could not fix it. I had to hire a cleaning company to clean it. Yesterday morning we took her convection oven in. I installed it and left my Swiss Army knife at her office. I wsa in panic all day long thinking that I had lost it. I also picked up a painting that a patient had made for Elena. I took it to a picture framing shop and it cost me $200 to get it framed. It will not be ready until 16 July. I returned at 5:00 PM yesterday with Elena's Persian rug that is now clean. We put it on her floor. We did some other work around the office. Elena gave me a nice surprise that she had my Swiss Army knife. I then found out that we had left a precious thing in the old office. It is a brass plate from Colombia. It dates back to the time before Europeans were there. It's the symbol for a doctor's office. Now I have to drive all the way to San Francisco and collect it. "The things we do for love!!"

No comments: