Pages

Friday, December 21, 2012

If I Truly Believed That The World Was Going To End Today

Perhaps the world will end today. If I truly believed that I would have taken Elena last night to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in San Francisco for our last meal. I would have drank the whole contents of my bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. I would have watched my three favorite films of all time. Two films are from Argentina with the titles of A Man Facing Southeast and The Secret of Your Eyes. The third film is a Brian de Palma science fiction film from 2000 with the title of Mission to Mars.. I would have given loving goodbyes to my sister Marianna, my niece Kelly, Anna Claudia Chagas, Luah Fontana, Pedro R, Peres, neto, PhD, Joao Santos, Djenane Santos and my grand daughter Bianca. Elena would not have gone to work today. We would have spent our last hours together giving each other love and comfort. I would hope that the end would be quick and painless. Ah but the alarm will go off at seven this morning. Elena will get up and go to work. I will begin my day of work that ends with cooking dinner. The world will still be here at midnight!

No comments: