Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Surviving The Coming US Government Default of October, 2013

To all of my friends in the USA I have some serious advice. I grew up on the Texas gulf coast. I am a survivor of a couple of really bad hurricanes. What would happen before "the big one" hit was some squalls and rain storms that did not look that bad. Then the "big one" smashed you. This government shut down is like the rain squalls before the "big one" smashes us all. This will be when the politicians fail to raise the debt ceiling and the US government defaults on its obligations. This is uncharted territory with no precedents. Some experts have a good idea about what will happen next and it will not be pretty. Some banks will fail and many more will "lock up" making your credit and debit cards as well as checks useless.

I learned from my dear Mormon friends decades ago the value of a food storage program. I urge you to make an inventory of how much food that you need to keep you going for two months. Go out and buy these food items and store them. Second figure out how much cash that you need to pay routine bills for two months and draw it out of the bank. Third,if possible, I advise you to pay your electric, gas, phone, and water bills a couple of months in advance.

No comments: