Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

Elena and I Met 14 Years Ago Today

14 years ago today Elena and I met. We both were recovering from broken relationships. For no apparent reason, Elena put her picture and profile on kiss.com (now match.com). She quickly forgot it. I was going through the profiles and saw a picture of this very attractive woman. She was in a spot in Swaziland that I knew well from my 6 years in South Africa. I did a compatibility check and we hit 5 stars. I read her profile in detail. She looked like the perfect woman for me. Then I got to the last sentence in the profile as follows: "I'm looking for a man within 50 miles of Buenos Aires." I was 7,000 miles away in San Jose, California.I decided to take a chance anyway.

Elena you are the most wonderful thing that ever happened in my life! Billy Joel sings my song for you with the words: "You're my castle. You're my cabin. You're my instant pleasure dome. I need you in my house 'cause you're my home."

These 14 years have passed so fast!

No comments: