Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

A Wild Marriage Proposal

Despite the fact that I'm a Democrat I have a profound admiration for Republican congress man Mark Sanford. To me he is what a conservative politician should be; very smart, very professional, open to discussion and to compromise when necessary. Yesterday afternoon I got the news that he and his fiance Maria Belen Chapur had broken off their engagement. I have been with an incredible woman from Buenos Aires for 14 years. The romance between Mark and Maria touched my heart because he also is with an incredible woman from Buenos Aires.
It appears that Maria gave him an ultimatum for a wedding date and he did not react in the way that she was expecting.
Let me take you back to 1968. I was a young college student working 4:00 PM to 12:00 PM to get through college. The lady who became my first wife called me from our apartment around nine in the evening and said the following words: "I'm at home and standing here naked. I demand that you come home immediately!"
All of you males know this is an invitation that no man could say no to. I excused myself with my supervisor on the grounds that I had an emergency at home. I rushed home. True to her words my fiance greeting me at the door nude. Off to her side all of her bags were packed as if she was ready to leave. She said to me: "Marry me by Saturday or I'm walking out."
Of course I agreed to her demand. You can imagine what happened afterwards.

No comments: