Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

An Incredible Hospital Discovered In El Calafate, Argentina

Everyone today was another day of exploring El Calafate. After breakfast I caught a cab and rode way into the hills above the town. It was very windy and cold. I was dropped off at the hotel owned by the current president of Argentina, Cristina Fernandez. It was truly luxurious and impressive. I must say that the lady really has class and good taste! I started the walk back to town and came upon the private hospital for this town of 25,000. It literally "knocked my socks off." It was this huge two-story yellow structure sitting on about three acres of land. It was impressive. One would expect to find such a hospital in a city of 500,000 people. I went inside and looked around. Perhaps it did not have the super technology of a great American hospital or perhaps it did. I told my wife that it was equal to any hospital run by her employer. I have never seen such an impressive hospital in Latin America in my life. I hiked back to town and eventually had lunch at this this restaurant called La Tablita. It reminded me of a charming French country inn. It was very special.

No comments: