Pages

Monday, June 20, 2016

The Golden State Warriors Loss In The Championship Game And A Traffic Accident 35 Years Ago

Before the Golden State Warriors/Cleveland Cavaliers game started last night, Elena and I both had a grim foreboding about the outcome. We knew that it was not going to turn out well and it was inevitable that Cleveland would win. As Elena said, "after 52 years this is their moment."
In April of 1981 I was driving on a freeway near the Johannesburg airport. My compact rental car was forced off the road and suddenly I saw a flat-bed tractor/trailer truck broken down on the highway soft shoulder. I knew that I was going to ram into it at a relatively high speed. No braking or evasive manuevers were going to help. All of this happened in a split second but seemed to take forever. Just before my car rammed into the flatbed trailer, I threw myself down on the car seat. The roof of my car was torn off. Had I been sitting upright, I would have been decapitated.
I felt the same way 35 years ago and last night.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

By using RentalCars you can find affordable rental cars from over 49,000 locations globally.