Pages

Sunday, July 12, 2020

A Glorious Day In Pacifica


      Despite the hard times, yesterday was a glorious day. The sun came out. All the fog vanished. There was not a cloud in the sky. I had a 45-minute swim in a super safe environment where masks, hand sanitizers, thermometers, and social distancing are practiced. Afterwards I did a 6.5-mile hike along the ocean. I started along the concrete portion of the seawall. I went to the earthen part of the seawall near Sharp Park Golf Course. I then climbed up to Mori Point to get some spectacular views of the beautiful town where we live. Even in sad times it's wonderful to be alive on such days!
      There were a lot of people out enjoying the beautiful day. 85% had masks or some other form of face covering. Most of the 15% without face covering were self-conscious about it. They were most careful to maintain good social distancing. Then at the entrance to the path going up to Mori Point, I encountered a big group of bike riders. Most were middle-aged men. Only one had a face covering on. They were making no effort to practice social distancing. I made sure that I didn't get anywhere near them.
      Taking a few simple steps can save your life.

No comments: