Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2021

If Only I Had A Time Machine To Go Back????

 

     Many of us have had moments in our lives where we sit down and wish that we could go back in time and change some decisions that we made, etc. Yesterday, we changed our luncheon venue for the 9-11 commemorative to a Persian restaurant in Belmont named Shalizaar.

     After we finished a delightful meal and drinks, Elena focused on my decision to come to the Bay area 25 years ago. She told me all the things that I did wrong and how I could have made things easier for me. (My theory of life is that sometimes you have to "do things the hard way," make sacrifices, and suffer pain to achieve a worthwhile goal. The words from a Robert Frost poem apply here as follows:

    "And I, I took the road less traveled by..And that has made all the difference.")

     I listened calmly. I didn't see a lot of merit in what she said. Elena and I were 7000 miles apart. We were speaking different languages. We were dealing with different cultures and ideologies. I pointed out to her if I had changed one thing that I did, most likely, we would have never met. How different both our lives would have been.

No comments: