Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2021

NCIS Hawaii-First Impression

 

NCIS Hawaii premiered last night. I shall use a phrase that Elena loves as follows:

       "It is full of ass-kicking women!"

    The show is full of very strong female characters. It is filmed in cinematography that I love-film noir (from the 1940s). It is a realistic depiction of what we are heading for in the US. It is packed "with people of color." The acting and cinematography are incredible. It is not a bright and happy show. It is dark and threatening. It is full of violence. Lesbianism is a part of the show's fabric. It makes you think. It reminds me of when I tasted coffee for the first time at age 12 years. It took me time to acquire a taste for coffee. I'm not sure that the show will make it past one year because it is such an accurate depiction of what the US is now. Here is a link if you are curious:

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14218674/

 

No comments: