Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2022

Chevy Bolt Electric Cars At The Same Price They Were 5 Years Ago?

      I paid a pleasant follow-up visit to Stewart Chevrolet yesterday to thank them for the great work that they did on Elena's car. I got a huge surprise as I parked. I saw at least 10 new Chevy Bolt all-electric cars for sale.

    Right now, we hear all sorts of horrors stories about the new car and used car market. Prices are at an all-time high. The inventory of vehicles for sale is low. When we get into the area of electric cars, things get worse. We hear of critical shortages of computer chips, nickel, titanium, cobalt, and other rare earth minerals.

   I got curious. I walked around and looked at all the cars for sale. I got an incredible surprise. The price sticker on each car's side window indicated a price that was the same that Elena paid for her Chevy Bolt over 5 years ago!

       How is this possible with all the inflation, supply chain problems, and market distortions due to the Ukraine war?

       I can only guess that General Motors is selling the vehicles at a loss. If you are tempted to buy an electric car, I highly recommend that you take a serious look at the Chevy Bolt electric car!

 

No comments: