Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

The Ukraine Air Force Just Got Some Good News!

      The Ukraine Air Force got some good news that I want to share with all of you. Slovakia is just about ready to donate 11 Mig-29s to Ukraine. US defense officials have changed their minds and are ready to give US jet fighters and ground attack aircraft to the Ukraine Air Force. They have told Ukraine officials: "Tell us what planes you want and we will work out a deal."

        I'm proud that one of our readers is a Ukraine pilot. Denys asked me what plane I would recommend for the Ukraine Air Force. I did not have to think about it long and hard. I told him the A-10 Warthog. For those of you curious, here is an excellent video on this aircraft that has been in service with the U.S. Air Force and Air National Guard units for 50 years:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5us5ce56YHo

 

     The A-10 is the kind of plane that I love. It is easy to fly. It is easy to maintain. It can operate out of rugged airfields. It is tough and can take a lot of punishment. It was designed as "a tank killer." Its only weakness is that it is an easy target for very advanced air defense systems like the SA-300, SA-400, and SA-500. This weakness can be overcome!

 

No comments: