Pages

Monday, October 23, 2023

What Have I Learned In 3/4s Of A Century Of LIfe?

 What Have I Learned In 3/4s of A Century Of Life?

 

1)Luck plays a big part in anyone’s life:

 

4 of my friends have their names on the granite Vietnam War Memorial.

A piece of metal shrapnel hit me on the left side of my chin and embedded in my lower gum.

Had the shrapnel hit 2 inches lower, it would have severed my jugular vein. My name would

now be on that granite wall. I would be forgotten.

 

Two other times in my life I suffered most severe injuries that could have easily ended

my life. In one case I spent 6 weeks in the hospital including 2 weeks in ICU in critical condition. My mother would frequently comment: “Son it’s a miracle that you’re still alive.”

 

2)Be honest.

3)Never get caught without money!

4)“Take the road less traveled by.”

5)Be a great listener. Always be willing to listen to anyone for 15 minutes.

6)Save $100 US each month of your life. If you start this practice at a young age, you will have a great account by the time you reach my age. Albert Einstein always praised compounding interest.

7)Daily exercise is a matter of life and death.

8)Have a work ethic; be kind; help others.

9)Never abuse drugs. They will shorten your life and land you in jail.

10)                 Never stop being curious. “A man or woman with one eye is king or queen in the land of the blind.”

11)                 Ignore a person’s skin color, gender, religion, political ideology, and sexual orientation. Judge every person on the basis of their character, capabilities, and personality.

12)                 Stay away from bad people. They will destroy your life and all that you hold dear.

13)                 If something seems to be too good to be true; it probably is.

14)                 When all else fails, start praying!

No comments: