Pages

Friday, October 31, 2008

Decision Day November 4,2008

John McCain is a decent man. He is a wonderful family man. He is a man of honor who never fell into the trap of giving earmarks or special appropriations to pet projects and special constituents. He has spent the last 50+ years serving his country. He has suffered hardships and privitations that most of us could not imagine. If I was back in the US Navy, I would be proud to have him as my commanding officer. If he showed up at the house, I would warmly invite him in and be delighted to have lunch or dinner with him.

It is a pity that he did not win the 2000 presidential election. Looking back in retrospect, he would have been just the man we needed to carry us through the 9-11 disaster. He would have kept a tight fist on the budget. We would not have the horrible financial problems we have now if he had been in charge. Most probably he would have never invaded Iraq. He would not have allowed right-wing extremist to hijack the US government. He would have made friends for the US all over the world.

George W. Bush stold his moment of glory and place in the history books. Senator John McCain is now a man from another time who missed his chance.

Barack Obama is the man who we need now to confront the crises and problems we face. In the worst case he could be another Jimmy Carter. He could be a man of lofty principles without the tough pragmatism and strength to put these principles into action. Or he might be the next Franklin D. Roosevelt, a man for all seasons, who saved the USA from a disaster during the Great Depression and carried the US through World War II and set the stage for the American Century.

My instincts tell me that Barack Obama is the next Franklin Delano Roosevelt. I voted for him. I know I took a big risk. I urge you to take the same risk on election day. Vote like your whole world depends on it. Vote for Barack Obama for president!!!!!

No comments: