Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mei Guo

Elena and I just returned from almost three weeks in China and Hong Kong. Over the next few days you will be seeing pictures, travel logs, etc. Today I want to share the words above with you.

The Chinese people have two words for the United States. They are Meo Guo (my qah). The literal translation from Mandarin is "Beautiful Country." This says it all.

Elena and I had some hard times through our journey. Wherever we went we found the people to be gracious and friendly. We never heard any anti American comments or suffered any bad treatment.

In my humble opinion, China will always be a strategic competitor of the US. China will always adopt an independent foreign policy that will be in conflict with ours policies. But I never see us in a war with China. I do not see China as an enemy of the US.

No comments: