Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

An Inspired Thought In The Swimming Pool Leads To A $5,000 US Cost Savings On The House Remodel


Yesterday the crew continued to work on Elena's bathroom and the pantry. It's an incredible engineering achievement. The contractor needed to fit together several parts of the house that dated back 70 years. The slightest mistake would have created a disaster. He has done a great job! Now Elena has a large new bathroom. We also have a large pantry. I admire the Mormon idea of storing a large quantity of food in case of emergencies or setbacks in life.

The best happening yesterday was an inspiration I had while taking my swimming workout. The plans for the improvements called for the sink to be moved from its current location to another wall. Such a move would have cost thousands in plumbing bills and labor charges for tearing down siding, etc. It would have delayed the completion of the house several weeks. I began to wonder if it was necessary to move the sink. My idea was to keep the sink in its current position, The new stove and venta hood would be installed in this area as well as the new dish washer. On the other wall we would have a large food preparation area for Elena.

I had lunch and came home. I looked at the kitchen and shared my idea with the contractor. My contractor studied the idea carefully and looked at the plans. He liked the idea. I talked to Elena later and she liked the idea also,

My moment of inspiration saved $5,000 US.



No comments: