Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Beware-Internet Scammers Are Getting Very Good!

Yesterday I got a very official-looking email telling me that my American Express card had been frozen due to a security issue. I was told to go to a website and give information. On one hand, I thought the email might be legitimate as I had just used the card to buy a couple of books at a book seller in South Africa who I have done business with for decades. On the other hand I as very suspicious and felt uncomfortable about the whole thing. I took the time to call American Express. There was no security hold on my account. The whole email had been a trick to try to get me to give up all the information on my American Express card so that thieves could drain it of money. My friends be alert at all time.

No comments: