Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Further On A Hypothetical Israeli Attack On Iranian Nuclear Facilities


 Some months ago I wrote a blog entry. It was about a hypothetical Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities. I put myself in the shoes of the Israeli military commanders planning the attack.

       I rejected the conventional wisdom that an air attack should be launched from Israel. I argued that the attack would lead to very heavy civilian and military casualties and would not destroy the facilities. I pointed out the little know fact that Iranians are the best concrete makers on planet earth and not to be under estimated. My attack plan was to use submarine-launched cruise missiles with small tactical nuclear weapons. In this hypothetical scenario, these weapons would be launched from Israeli submarines in the Persian Gulf.

      Perhaps I was laughed at or people began to question my sanity.

      An author named Terry Crawford Browne now enters into this hypothetical war game. He is an American man who moved to South Africa in the 1960's. He became a prominent banker. He also became a vocal opponent or Apartheid and then the corruption of the African National Congress. That he has remained alive and in South Africa is a miracle. He has made powerful enemies all over the world.

     In his latest book Eye On The Diamonds, Browne talks about Israeli military capabilities. He gives documented proof that the Israeli nuclear arsenal is now 300 warheads. He goes on to point out that Israel keeps three submarines on patrol in the Persian Gulf. According to Browne, these submarines carry cruise missiles armed with tactical nuclear weapons. There is no doubt where these missiles are targeted.

      It is comforting to know that my educated guess turned out to have a factual basis. It is my sincere hope that no war with Iran takes place and that these weapons are never employed.

-- 

No comments: