Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Small Miracle In The Locker Room

We all dread a "one in a million fluke" that we did not plan for. One happened to me yesterday at the swimming pool. I swam my normal 1.5 hours. I had a shower and got cleaned up. I went to get my swim trunks to get the key that opens my locker. (For years I have used a strong safety pin to affix the key to my trunks. It has never failed me.) When I looked at my swimming trunks I saw a sight that made me cringe. The safety pen was open and my lock key was missing. People in the locker room suggested that I go back out and look for it. I saw little hope of finding the key because I had been swimming in water 12 feet deep. I went to get the bolt cutters. I fought hard to cut the lock off the locker. It was made of hardened steel and would not budge. (I later found out that one can use super cold air to break such a lock and I will not go into details here.) I feared that I was facing a $60-$200 bill to get a locksmith to come out and take it off my locker.

My father always gave me his most beloved saying as follows: "Son when you're surrounded by 7 big,mean and angry men and all looks hopeless; keep your mouth shut and your eyes and your ears open. God will always provide."

God provided for me in this crisis. A man who had been swimming in the lane with me came up to me and showed me a key. He asked me if it was mine. I put it in my lock and it opened.

What a miracle!!!!

No comments: