Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

A Past Chapter In My Life Closes Happily

We all have parts of our life that are incomplete for one reason or another. I had a wonderful domestic partner named Antonieta in the 1980's. When I decided to move from Los Angeles to South Africa in early 1990, she promised to follow me a month later after I had things set up. I arrived in Johannesburg and rented part of a house. I even went out and bought a 3-series BMW (her dream car). Sadly I got a call some 30 days later from Antonieta. She told me that she could not leave her brother and sister in Los Angeles. She wished me all the good luck in the world in Africa. She warned me to carefully pick a new domestic partner. I never heard from her again. I never knew what happened to her. I have only the best memories of her. I hoped that she would find the happiness and success in life that she so richly deserved.
Now some 24 years later I got the wonderful news that Antonieta is living in Burbank, California. She has a nice house and is married to an engineer who appears to be a great person. Antonieta I'm so happy to see that you're doing well. Now a past chapter of my life is happily closed.

No comments: