Pages

Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Plumbing Crisis On A Saturday Afternoon

Saturday afternoon something bizarre happened at our house. The toilet in the master bedroom started to bubble loudly. I'm 65 years of age and have lived on  6 of the 7 continents. I have never seen or heard something like this. After this bizarre event the toilet in the master bedroom and the other toilet would not flush correctly. My wife then tried to take a shower and the shower would not drain correctly. My daughter had the same problem in her bathroom. I was so mystified that I looked it up on Google. It appeared that there was some sort of blockage in the lines that take away water. I worked very hard with a plunger on the toilet afflicted with bubbling. I got no results. I then went to Ace Hardware and bought an auger. I vigorously applied it to the bubbling toilet. It did no good.
I realized that I had a serious problem on my hands. It could not wait until Monday.I was dreading a bill for weekend emergency plumbing between $500 and $1,000. I called an old friend in the plumbing business. He recommended Laureano Guevara. He called me and I told him to come out.
Laureano promptly came to the house. He is a cheerful and very friendly man. He went to work in the mast bedroom bathroom. He took the toilet out and ran three different lines to clear out the blockage that was determined to be dental floss and sani wipes. He had some luck but the main line was still blocked. We went down to the front of the house and found a drain pipe. He went to work and all of the blockage was cleared . The total bill was a surprising $120.00.
We were saved a miserable weekend without toilets or showers. This is a great company!!!!!

No comments: