Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

A Humble And Hard-Working Man Retires

Ever since Elena and I came to Pacifica on her birthday in 2004, Kent Cleaners at 119 Manor Drive here in Pacifica has been our laundry. Jimmy Li is the owner. Jimmy was not only a great dry cleaning person. He was also a very accomplished tailor. I lost my US Navy jacket in 1994. In 2005 I found a replacement jacket and all of the patches from 1971-1972. Jimmy got the jacket put together. I got a precious part of my life back. Many other times Jimmy helped us with repairs and alterations.
He is a hard-working and honest man. He is religious and a great family man. He was so proud when his daughter earned her MBA from Loyola Marymont college in Los Angeles.
I took in our dry cleaning. I expected to see Jimmy greeting me at the counter. Instead a Chinese lady greeted me. She explained to me that Jimmy had retired and she was the new owner. I put in our dry cleaning and will stay with the shop.
Jimmy enjoy your retirement! We appreciate all of your good work and loyalty. We will miss you!

No comments: