Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2015

"Harvard On The Bayou"

After completing US Navy training including Vietnam escape and evasion school, I started as a freshman at South Texas Junior College in January of 1968. I was married and working full time. This educational institution had two nicknames in Houston as follows: "Harvard on the bayou" or "Oxford on the cess pool." I bought a big pile of books in the bookstore. I had no idea of how I was going to graduate. With a lot of faith and hard work I graduated with highest honors in June of 1969. I went on to graduate from Tulane University. I got into graduate school of business at George Washington University and made good grades. South Texas Junior College evolved into the University of Houston Downtown Campus. It's now a serious academic institution. I' m proud to add its sweatshirt to my collection!

No comments: