Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I Just Got An IRS Scam Call

Please be advised that I just got a very disturbing robo call. The caller had a British-type accent. He warned me that a criminal docket had been opened with the IRS. If I did not return his call, I would be taken to US court or a magistrate judge. The tone of voice of the caller was most menacing. I was given a number to call.If one calls this number they are instructed to go to a drug store or Safeway and buy up to thousands of dollars in prepaid bank cards and send them to an address or upload these to a website. Once you pay the money all of your tax problems go away. 

In real life if one is under criminal investigation by the IRS, you will be visited by agents with guns and badges. Regardless of if you make restitution or not, you will be prosecuted and taken to court.You very well could end up in prison.

No comments: