Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

We Had An Incredible Triumph Last Night!!!

We had an incredible triumph last night. Elena has been with Sacramento Credit Union since 2008. They have always been wonderful people who have always done everything possible to help us and give us wonderful service.Lorna Rae Warrington and Deri Ross are wonderful examples. A couple of months ago Elena and I decided to refinance the awful subprime loan that we have on the house. I had to work very hard for two months to convince them that we qualified for the refinance of our awful home loan to a new one at 3.5% interest. I had to, as the old saying goes, "jump through hoops." I had to produce a lot of paperwork and explain every aspect of our financial life. I told Elena that it must be like the financial examination a person goes through when they are considered for a high-level government job. A couple of times it looked like we were not going to make it. I refused to give up. The appraisal was conservative. They ended up making us a loan that was 60% of the actual price of the house. As I went through the process, I realized that they were being tough and conservative to make sure that they did not make the bad loans that caused so many people to lose their homes and almost put this country back into another Great Depression in 2008. We got approved. A representative from Fidelity National Title Company came by at 7:30 PM. Elena signed all of the papers for the new loan. A special thanks to Lorna Johnson and her team at Fidelity National Title Company in Sacramento for doing a wonderful job on all of the title work and closing. I still have to pinch myself to make sure it really happened. My friends when you buy a new home or refinance your existing home, get ready for a tough ride!!!

No comments: