Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

No Charges For Hillary Clinton???????

I came in from my morning pool workout. Elena was up and watching the news. All of a sudden the FBI director was there on television talking about the results of the Hillary Clinton email investigation. I was awed by the thoroughness of the investigation. I was floored at what she had done!!!!! It was as if she felt that she was "above the law." From the tone of the speech that unfolded, I was sure that she was going to be charged with,at least, misdemeanor careless handling of classified documents. I was in shock when I heard that no charges were going to be filed.
When my shock wore off, I stepped back and reflected. FBI Director Comey once served as US Attorney in some district in New York or New Jersey. In the Federal criminal system if a prosecutor does not believe that there is a 98% chance of a conviction, they will not file charges.
At the end of the day, the prosecutor in him was not certain that he could "sell such a case to a jury."

No comments: