Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

The Netflix Television Series Broadchurch

Those of you who know me well know that I spent some ten years of my life in what I call "The British World." This means the U.K., Australia, and South Africa. I made one amazing discovery. All three countries turn out incredible television shows. They have high-quality, acting, writing, cinematography, and are courageous. They "tell it like it is." They're not afraid of offending people and being "not politically correct." One example that I love was a mini-series from South Africa called Snitch. It dealt with nuclear terrorism. In most of these shows, Muslims are always the bad guys. In this series, it was a disgruntled and wealthy white Englishman who procured a working Hiroshima-style nuclear weapon to flatten Johannesburg.
I'm delighted to see that Amazon, Hulu, and Netflix share my love for shows from these countries. Netflix now is showing a British police show called Broadchurch. It's set in this beautiful small city on the west coast of England. A 12-year old boy is murdered. It follows the hunt for the killer and the trial of the man who may or may not be the killer. There is incredible character development. We understand the whole story of each character. Every episode keeps you on the edge of your seats. The courtroom drama is awesome! I'm addicted to this show!


No comments: