Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

An Email To My Son About North Korea

Dear Pedro:

    You have heard me talk tough about Kim Jung Un and North Korea. Yesterday China sent a message telling North Korea that if they attack another country, they would get no help from China.I have two nightmares about North Korea. The first deals with the personalities of Kim Jung Un and Donald Trump. A retired CIA officer with many decades in Asia read some of the emails that I shared with you. He did an analysis of Kim Jung Un's personality. It was professional. I posted it on Facebook. Several people commented that it looked the description of Donald Trump's personality. My first fear is that a miscalculation will lead to a nuclear war. The most telling book here is a history of the start of World War I-The Guns Of August. Some months after the war started, the leaders of the Axis powers were in a big meeting. Basically, one of them asked how they fell into such a big mess. The other leaders looked blankly and could not give an answer.

    My second nightmare is a nuclear terrorism event. Forget an ICBM and the conventional ways of delivering a nuclear weapon. Kim Jung Un could hide a nuclear weapon in a shipping container or in one of his submarines. He could detonate such a device in the port of Honolulu, Vancouver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc. Shortly you will be getting a little book titled The Right Of Boom. It's about nuclear terrorism. Please take the time to read the book. It will change your life.

    Karl Marx and Frederik Engles are the fathers of Communism (circa 1848). They coined a classic term real politik. One way to define it is a mindset where you look at life just as it is with no idealism, false hopes, etc. As you know I have seen the most brutal side of life. I look at life the way these men did.

With kindest regards,

No comments: