Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

What I've Learned In 69 Years of Life

By the grace of God and the help of a long-list of kind and wonderful people starting with my wife Elena and my daughter Anna, I have made it to 69 years. I outlived my dear father by nine years. So what wisdom  do I have to share with you?

1) You only become an old person when you close your mind to new ideas and possibilities.

2) Never underestimate an opponent/ Hillary Clinton is living proof of this!

3) Never trust any politician anywhere in the world.

4) Never get caught without money. Financial institutions fail. Keep your money in several different financial institutions. If one fails, you do not lose all.

5) If you are fortunate enough to have built up some assets in life, protect them from arbitrary seizures. Get a good lawyer and set up a trust. Do good estate planning.

6) What you remember most in life is the people who were kind to you and help you when you were in bad trouble.

7) Exercise at least 45 minutes each day.

8) Be happy when you get up each morning. Don't be depressed and sad. Don't let your problems overwhelm you. When I was a young child, I knew the Gluckman family in Houston. They were a nice couple who ran a shoe-repair shop. Only a few knew that they had survived the horrors of the Auschwitz concentration camp. Every day they were happy to be alive and happy to be with each other.

No comments: