Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2020

A Wise Man Issues An Ominous Warning

Madame President:
         Your morning briefing..I have 53 years of experience flying on various aircraft (military and civilian) around the world. This includes three take offs and landings from an aircraft carrier deck.
          In flying the two nightmare moments are when oxygen masks drop and the pilot shouts out over the intercom:
          "Brace for impact!!!"
    In all these years flying, I have had a couple of close calls. I have never had the oxygen marks drop or heard those dreaded words above.
         I'm friends with Alan Tam. He started life in Hong Kong. He immigrated to the US. He ended up in Pacifica. He opened Tam's Chinese restaurant. Normally I would come in at lunch, have a great plate of Chinese food washed down with a superb Margarita. Alan and I would make small talk. He is a gentleman and highly intelligent. He is not a political extremist or a man who believes conspiracy theories or apocalyptic prophesies.
        Today I went to buy a takeout lunch. The food was great as always. I asked for a Margarita to take away with lunch. (The state of California suspended some alcoholic beverage rules to allow alcohol takeaways). Alan claimed that he was not allowed to do this.
         We started to talk about his current situation. He made the following comment:
   
          "We are in a great depression right now. It is going to be worse than 1929."

    On those words I shall close.

Be careful out there!
Amo-a,


-JackW

No comments: