Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2022

Elena and I Got Married 21 Years Ago Today

      21 years ago this morning, Elena and I got married. Our wedding was not an elaborate church event. It took place at our apartment located at 877 Willow Drive in the Willow Glen section of San Jose, California. Two of our readers were present at the wedding-Joao and Djenane Santos. Also present was my South Korean platonic roommate Jacqui Kwon. Pastor Sam Nandakumar of Crossroads Bible Church officiated at the wedding. All of us were dressed in casual clothes. It was a simple ceremony. Afterward, Elena and I went to lunch at Aqui Mexican Restaurant. 21 years later, I could still show you the table where Elena and I ate lunch. We spent the afternoon exploring shops in the Willow Glen area. It started to rain. We went to Blockbuster Video. We rented DVDs to watch over the weekend. It was our honeymoon.

      The time has passed so fast. We have gone through wonderful times and hard times. Elena is the very best of South American women. She is tough! She can take hard times!

No comments: