Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Fox News Has Profound Influence In Russia

     I have a dear friend of 22 years named Natalia Alexeeva. She lives in Moscow. Natalia is a highly-educated engineer who speaks 4 languages fluently. Yesterday she cautioned me about Ukraine as follows:

    "All news about Ukraine is fake news except what you see on Fox News."

      I was both surprised and amused. Fox News has incredible influence in the US and Canada. I was amazed to see that half a world away it had such a profound influence on highly-educated Russian people.

    I did not criticize Natalia for her choice in news outlets. I gave her the login coordinates for my Financial Times of London account. I urged her to use that as a second news source. I pointed out that Putin was trying to recreate the old Soviet Union. I told her that this was not realistic. 

No comments: