Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2022

Jack's 2022 Christmas Message

 Greetings Everyone:

          It is Christmas Eve! Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy Hanukkah! I tell my dear Muslim friends that they are lucky. They get to celebrate Christmas twice; the first time being Ramadan! Find peace today and give thanks for the blessings that you have in life. I am thankful that  none of you are living in the following countries:
Russia
Ukraine
China with a massive Covid-19 problem.
Iran
North Korea
Syria
    I am sad that two of our readers are living in Peru now which is suffering political instability. My advice to you is to "lay low" and be invisible.
    Many of our readers in the US and Canada are suffering really nasty cold weather. You truly will have a White Christmas. Many of you may lose power. In the old days, we had a wood-burning fireplace with lots of firewood stored here in the house. The authorities required us to convert this fireplace to natural gas. When the power fails, the natural gas keeps coming. I know Argentina Patagonia well. It gets frigid in winter (-25 F in places). The power may fail. The natural gas keeps flowing.
     Elena and I have a Gencor generator. It works when the power fails. Those of you experiencing frigid weather should seriously consider a generator!
     In closing, I am thinking of Christmases long ago in the East End of Houston at 5715 Belarbor Avenue. Dad would go out and buy a Christmas tree. It would be well decorated. Many presents would be under the tree. My sister and I were allowed to open one or two presents before we went to sleep on Christmas Eve. We would be up around 3:00 AM to open the rest of the gifts. During the day, dad would take us to a first-run movie while mom slaved in the kitchen to cook an elaborate dinner "from scratch" with natural ingredients.
Be at peace!
Be thankful!
-JackW

No comments: